India is one of the oldest civilizations in the world with a kaleidoscopic variety and rich cultural heritage. It has achieved all-round socio-economic progress during the last 67 years of its Independence. India has become self-sufficient in agricultural production and is now one of the top industrialised countries in the world and one of the few nations to have gone into outer space to conquer nature for the benefit of the people. It covers an area of 32,87,263 sq. km, extending from the snow-covered Himalayan heights to the tropical rain forests of the south. As the 7th largest country in the world, India stands apart from the rest of Asia, marked off as it is by mountains and the sea, which give the country a distinct geographical entity. Bounded by the Great Himalayas in the north, it stretches southwards and at the Tropic of Cancer, tapers off into the Indian Ocean between the Bay of Bengal on the east and the Arabian Sea on the west.
Lying entirely in the northern hemisphere, the mainland extends between latitudes 8° 4′ and 37° 6′ north, longitudes 68° 7′ and 97° 25′ east and measures about 3,214 km from north to south between the extreme latitudes and about 2,933 km from east to west between the extreme longitudes. It has a land frontier of about 15,200 km. The total length of the coastline of the mainland, Lakshadweep Islands and Andaman & Nicobar Islands is 7,516.6 km.
World Robot Olympiad™ is an event for science, technology and education which brings together the young people all over the world to develop their creativity and problem solving skills through challenging and educational robotics competitions.
Schools are invited to enter a team of three students to participate in this competition. Participating teams need to create, design and build a robot models that look or behave like a human athlete. The competition starts from preliminary to the final judging.
WRO 2016 is being jointly organized by India STEM Foundation and National Council of Science Museums (NCSM).
India STEM Foundation is a pioneer in promoting hands-on STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Maths) education in India with the intervention of Robotics and research based learning programs for school and college students. India STEM foundation is the affiliate partner of World Robot Olympiad Association in India.
National Council of Science Museums (NCSM) is India’s premier body playing a key role in the growth of science and technology by organizing various science education programs, activities and trainings within and outside of Schools and Colleges at its science centres spread across the country in order to develop and inculcate scientific attitude, temper and general awareness amongst the people of the country.
Shri. A S Manekar – Director General, National Council of Science Museums.
Shri. Sushil Chandra Tripathi – Former Secretary – Ministry of Human Resource Development
Prof. Dr. S S Mantha – Former Chairman – AICTE
Shri. M M Pant – Former Pro VC IGNOU
Prof. S K Saha, Professor, Mechanical Engineering Department, IIT Delhi
Shri D. Rama Sarma, Director, NSCD
Shri S. Kumar, Director (Hqrs.), NCSM
Shri Anurag Kumar, Curator ‘F’, NSCD
Shri M. C. Nanda, ISF
Shri Sudhanshu Sharma, Founder Director, ISF
Over 6 billion people live on planet Earth today, generating an estimated 1.9 billion tons of domestic, industrial, medical, electronic, radioactive, toxic and hazardous waste every year. Experts believe that the waste generated will double by 2025. That is in just 10 years from now!
Can you believe that 30% of the waste generated remains uncollected? And that a large part of the remaining 70% is dumped in oceans, landfills and dumpsites where it is polluting and clogging our ecosystem, causing numerous health and environmental challenges as only 19% is recycled?
We have to find ways to reduce, manage and recycle waste – and solutions to not generate waste in the first place – or we may be surrounded by mountains of waste. Or find ourselves sitting on top of one!
Elegant, functional and flexible, India Expo Center is among the world’s best when it comes to hosting exhibitions, conferences, meetings, seminars, and other special events. With 28000 square meters indoor exhibition space, banquet cum conference hall, restaurants, meeting rooms – all furnished with the most recent in telecommunications, multimedia and high speed connectivity, under one roof, this is the best venue for all types of formal events.
To know more about the venue, visit: http://indiaexpomart.com/
Contact your WRO National Organizer to know more about participation fee and procedure to become a part of WRO 2016 in your country.
Click HERE to find our WRO national organizer in your country.
Indian Teams, please visit www.wroindia.org for team registration.